Meet at about 10:00 AM at Bathurst station (Line 2, Bloor-Danforth), just inside or outside the main doors at the south end, facing Bathurst Street. We will begin the walk at 10:10 sharp.
Ken will lead us on a walk through the Annex and nearby areas which will take place on city streets, and paved and unpaved trails through parks (specifically Nordheimer Ravine). Please wear shoes or boots suitable for the weather and terrain.
The full distance will be about 10.5 Km. There will be several early exit points, washrooms at several locations, and at the end there is a planned lunch stop at Arisu Japanese/Korean restaurant.
Early exits and other points of interest along the way include:
- 0.0 Km – Bathurst Station (start of walk)
- 1.0 Km – Christie Pits (Christie Pits riot, washrooms)
- 1.8 Km – Greek house on Shaw street (Parashos)
- 3.6 Km – Tollkeeper's Cottage
- 3.9 Km – Wychwood Park
- 4.3 Km – Wychwood Barns (washrooms)
- 5.1 Km – St Clair West Station (early exit to subway, washrooms in Loblaws)
- 5.2 Km – Nordheimer Ravine
- 8.0 Km – Bata Shoe Museum
- 8.1 Km – Rochedale
- 8.3 Km – Miles Nadal JCC (washrooms, early dropout to Spadina station)
- 8.7 Km – Tranzac Club
- 9.0 Km – First Narayever Congregation
- 9.7 Km – Howland Avenue
- 10.1 Km – Lee's Palace
- 10.2 Km – Bathurst Station (end of walk)
- 10.3 Km – Arisu Japanese/Korean Restaurant (optional lunch stop, about 200m back to Bathurst Station)
The route is available on Ride with GPS at https://ridewithgps.com/routes/45096722 .
On Sunday, December 3, 2023, there will be no subway service on Line 2 Bloor-Danforth between Warden to Kennedy. Shuttle buses will operate. Please check https://www.ttc.ca/service-advisories/subway-service#e=0 for any changes.
We are accepting Guest registrations.
If you have not registered for the walk, you may NOT join the walk.
If you have registered but can't attend, log in, click on "Already registered", then cancel.
If the walk is cancelled due to weather or other reasons, notice of the cancellation will be posted on the website around 8 am on the day of the walk. Please check before leaving for the walk.
If you have trouble finding us at the start, please call my cell at 416-917-8866. If I do not answer, try again a few times, as I may not hear the ringer
REMINDER: A mask and hand sanitizer are recommended.
For more information check the TBN website under PROGRAMS - FALL/WINTER - CITY WALKS (https://tbn.ca/programs/fallwinter/citywalks) for a description of the City Walk program. If you have any questions, email me at email@example.com.
John Burdett - City Walk Coordinator