Meet at 10:00 AM at the Tim Hortons on the southeast corner of Sheppard and Don Mills, just west of the Don Mills subway station. (Note that this is not the Tim Hortons at the gas station on the north-west corner of Sheppard and Don Mills).
Julie will lead us on a 14 Km walk that will loop back to the Don Mills subway station. This walk will be on mostly city streets and paved paths with a few unpaved path sections, so please wear footwear suitable for the expected weather condition.
The planned route is be available on Ride with GPS at: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31149003
Early exit and break locations are:
- 0.0 Km - Tim Hortons (coffee, restroom)
- 2.0 Km - early exit to Leslie subway station
- 4.8 Km - Tim Hortons (coffee, restroom)
- 5.5 Km - early exit to York Mills bus
- 8.0 Km - early exit to Don Mills bus, and 1/2 Km walk to Lawrence bus
- 10.9 Km - access to York Mills bus
- 13.4 Km - Parkway Forest Community Centre (restroom)
- 14.2 Km - Fairview Mall (lunch stop (Moxie's, St Louis Grill, or Food Court), restroom)
There are currently no scheduled subway closures for this weekend, but please check https://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Subway_closures/index.jsp for any changes.
Non-members are welcome. They will be asked to sign the waiver form and will be charged the $5 non-member fee, either on-line in advance (Register here) or via paper form at the walk start.
If you have trouble finding us at the start, please call my cell at 416-917-8866. If I don't answer, try again, as I may miss the first call.
If you have any questions about the City Walk program, email me at email@example.com.
John Burdett - City Walk Coordinator