Hill Climbing 101
You are approaching a hill…
- · You realized that you are in the wrong gear?
- · Your chain dropped off half way up the hill?
- · You felt you couldn’t cycle up the hill and walked up the hill.
- · Should I be sitting or standing while climbing?
Ray Gubala will give you practical tips on hill climbing at High Park. In this small group ‘hands on’ workshop, you will learn:
- · What gear is needed when going up a hill.
- · When to start shifting your gears.
- · Where to position yourself on your bike when climbing a hill.
Ray is a TBN member and has extensive racing experience from the 70’s and 80’s. Ray earned a Gold medal at the National Track Championships for the Team Pursuit; a Silver medals in 1000m Sprint and the Madison; a Gold medal in the Team Time Trial from the Canada Summer Games. Also, several gold medals from the Provincial Championships and various medals/awards from race wins.
You will need: bike, helmet and dress appropriately for the weather.
The group is to meet at The Grenadier Cafe in High Park on Saturday June 22nd @ 10:00am. This session will be approximately 1.5 hours long.