For Sunday, February 17, meet at 10 AM at Coffee Time, 1471 Eglinton Ave West, on the southwest corner of Eglinton and Winona, 3 blocks west of Eglinton West Subway. Julie will lead us on a 13 Km walk through many neighbourhoods described as bordering the eastern edge of western Toronto.
The planned route is available on Ride With GPS at: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29319799. As our apres stop, we will probably end up at The Town Crier on John Street, steps from St Andrew subway.
The approximate distances to break locations and early exits are:
- 0.0 Km - Coffee Time, 1471 Eglinton Ave West (coffee/bathrooms)
- 5.0 Km - Starbucks/Loblaws, Christie & Dupont (coffee/bathrooms)
- 7.0 Km - Christie Skating Pavilion (bathrooms)
- 7.0 Km - Christie Station (early exit)
- 8.3 Km - College St (early exit to streetcar)
- 9.0 Km - Dundas St (early exit to streetcar)
- 9.5 Km – Trinity Bellwoods Community Centre (bathrooms)
- 10.2 Km - Queen St (early exit to streetcar)
- 11.0 Km - King St (early exit to streetcar)
- 12.2 Km - Spadina (early exit to streetcar)
- 13.0 Km - Lunch Stop/St Andrews Station
The walk will be entirely on city streets and paved walkways, so shoes or boots suitable for the weather conditions should be fine.
If the weather is really bad, we will shorten the walk to 10 Km and finish at Queen's Park.
There are currently no scheduled subway closures for this weekend, but please check https://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Subway_closures/index.jsp for any changes.
Non-members are welcome. This is an official TBN event, so they will be asked to sign the waiver form, but, like all winter walks, will not be charged the non-member fee.
If you have trouble finding us at the start, please call me on my cell at 416-917-8866. If I don't answer, try again, as I may miss the first call.
John Burdett – TBN City Walk Coordinator