Meet at 10 AM on the 2nd floor of the McDonald's on the north-east corner of Runnymede and Bloor near Runnymede subway station for a 10 Km walk to Salad King Restaurant and Yonge-Bloor Station.
The weather forecast indicates that it should be much better than last week, but it still may be slippery on side streets, so we will do the walk that was planned for last week and stay on major streets (Bloor, Dundas, and Yonge). We will also stay near transit, to allow many early exit points.
The planned route is available on Ride With GPS at: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29363030.
The approximate distances to break locations and early exits are:
- 0.0 Km - McDonald's, 2218 Bloor West (coffee/bathrooms)
- 0.8 Km - High Park Station (subway)
- 1.4 Km - Keele Station (subway)
- 2.0 Km - Dundas West Station (subway)
- 3.3 Km - Lansdowne Ave (early exit to bus)
- 4.0 Km - Dufferin St (early exit to bus)
- 4.7 Km – Caldense Bakery, 1209 Dundas West (coffee/bathrooms)
- 4.8 Km - Ossignton Ave (early exit to bus)
- 6.1 Km - Bathurst St (early exit to bus)
- 6.7 Km - Spadina (early exit to streetcar)
- 7.6 Km - University Ave (early exit to shuttle bus)
- 8.2 Km - Dundas Station (subway)
- 8.3 Km - Salad King Restuarant, 340 Yonge (lunch)
- 8.8 Km - College Station (subway)
- 9.2 Km - Wellesley Station (subway)
- 9.9 Km - Bloor-Yonge Station (subway/bathrooms)
There is also 10 minute bus service on Dundas St, where we will be walking most of the time. The walk will be entirely on city streets, so shoes or boots suitable for the weather conditions should be fine.
There are currently no scheduled subway closures this weekend, but please check https://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Subway_closures/index.jsp for any changes.
Non-members are welcome. This is an official TBN event, so they will be asked to sign the waiver form, but, like all winter walks, will not be charged the non-member fee.
If you have trouble finding us at the start, please call my cell at 416-917-8866. If I don't answer, try again, as I may miss the first call.
John Burdett – TBN City Walk Coordinator