For Sunday, March 17, meet at 10 AM at the McDonald's, 1735 Danforth Avenue, near Coxwell Station, on the south side of Danforth, just east of Coxwell. Patsy will lead an 11 Km walk that will go in a loop and return to Coxwell and Danforth, where there are number of places to have a snack or lunch.
The approximate distances to points of interest and break locations are:
- 0.0 Km - McDonalds (coffee, bathrooms)
- 3.4 Km - Optional Bathroom Stop
- 4.9 Km - Gerrard Square (coffee, bathrooms, streetcar)
- 6.0 Km - Queen (streetcar)
- 7.7 Km - Queen (streetcar)
- 8.6 Km - Greenwood Park (bathrooms)
- 8.9 Km - Greenwood Ave (bus)
- 9.3 Km - Gerrard (streetcar)
- 10.5 Km - Coxwell (bus)
- 11.2 Km - end of walk (McDonald's, Coxwell Station, restaurants)
We will not be near the subway for most of the walk, but there will be access to buses or streetcars at some major intersections. We will mostly be on city streets, or paved paths, so shoes suitable for the weather conditions would be appropriate.
There is currently a scheduled subway closure this weekend from St George to King on Line 1 (University), in case this affects your travel plans to or from the walk. However, please check https://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Subway_closures/index.jsp for any changes.
The planned route is available on Ride With GPS at: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29492207
Non-members are welcome. This is an official TBN event, so they will be asked to sign the waiver form, but, like all winter walks, will not be charged the non-member fee.
John Burdett - TBN City Walk Coordinator