For Sunday, March 31, meet at 10 AM in the Food Court in the new lower retail level of Union Station. We will do a 13 Km walk ending at Eglinton Station. This will be our final official City Walk of the season. We may have some additional unofficial walks, if the weather is not good for cycling. These will be announced by email and posted on the TBN web site Forum - Unofficial Events/Meetups. As well, we will do unofficial events for Jane's Walks (May 3 to 5) and Doors Open Toronto (May 25 & 26).
This walk will visit a few interesting places in Toronto, including the first legal marijuana dispensary (The Hunny Pot), the smallest coffee shop, a Portuguese bakery, and a new lunch stop (Blooming Orchid). It will be mostly on quiet city streets, with a few excursions into parks, so shoes or boots suitable for slightly wet trails would be appropriate.
The approximate distances to points of interest and break locations are:
- 0.0 Km - Union Station (Tim Hortons, McDonalds, bathrooms)
- 1.1 Km - Hunny Pot & The Friendly Stranger
- 1.8 Km - Coffee Lab (coffee, no bathrooms)
- 3.3 Km - Caldense Bakery (coffee, bathrooms)
- 4.9 Km - Bloor St (early exit to Christy or Bathurst Station)
- 7.2 Km - Wychwood Barns (possible bathroom stop)
- 7.5 Km - St Clair Ave (early exit to streetcar)
- 7.7 Km - Tim Hortons (coffee, bathrooms)
- 9.4 Km - Bathurst St (early exit to bus)
- 11.4 Km - Eglinton Ave (early exit to bus)
- 11.5 Km - Blooming Orchid (lunch stop/exit to bus)
- 13.4 Km - Eglinton Station (end of walk/bathrooms)
There is currently a scheduled subway closure this weekend from St Clair West to Union Station in case this affects your travel plans to or from the walk. However, please check https://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Subway_closures/index.jsp for any changes.
The planned route is available on Ride With GPS at: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29570949
Non-members are welcome. This is an official TBN event, so they will be asked to sign the waiver form, but, like all winter walks, will not be charged the non-member fee.
If you have trouble finding us at the start, please call me on my cell at 416-917-8866. If I don't answer, try again, as I may miss the first call.
John Burdett - TBN City Walk Coordinator